Now that I finally have a printer that is just big enough (thanks Eric Lien and the other Eustathios designers), I finally made the shelf for my lenses that I wanted to make three years ago when I posted this design. I modified the original OpenScad script to make solid blocks for vase mode printing. These were printed as a single outline in vase mode (1.2mm nozzle, 2.4mm extrusion width). I didn't print any bottom layers, but I probably should have added a couple to increase rigidity.
Maybe in a few more years, I'll be able to print a bookshelf version.
Remember to come back and post what you've printed as Make.
It's good for the designer and the community (that means you)!
To post a Make, come back to this Thing and click Post a Make.
Or, you can use the Thingiverse Mobile app found on
and the Apple App Store.