I was having trouble with a some 200g filament I ordered for $5. The spool it shipped on was too flimsy to print from. I didn't want to re-spool each role of 200g so I designed a spool to fit over their shipping spool to make it stronger and allow me to change the spool I am using without having to re-spool them. The two parts of my spool screw together and clamp the flimsy spool securely. I really like being able to buy smaller amounts of filament and this spool make them easier to use. I added a hole on one side to allow for re-spooling.
This is my first design on thingiverse so any feedback is good.Thank you.
Edit Notes: the chamfer was blocking the threading on the first male spool half. it has been removed and replaced.