Clamp-On CNC for Taig Lathe
by NickAmes, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This thing allows you to easily add CNC control to a Taig Lathe. It attaches a NEMA 17 stepper motor to a handwheel (on the cross slide, compound slide, or vertical milling attachment).
The following parts are required for each axis:
- 1x NEMA 17 stepper motor
- 1x Coupler.stl
- 1x Mount.stl
- 1x Stepper Plate.stl
- 2x M3 Nuts (for Mount clamp, and Coupler set-screw)
- 2x M3 Washers (for Mount clamp)
- 1x M3x45 screw (for Mount clamp)
- 3x M3x16 screws (to mount Stepper Plate to Mount, and Coupler set-screw)
- 4x M3x10 screws (to mount stepper to Stepper Plate)
Project website: http://www.fetchmodus.org/projects/clamp-on-cnc/
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Clamp-On CNC for Taig Lathe by NickAmes is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving NickAmes a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure NickAmes would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).