PRO Series "CNC Router Parts" Spoilboard
by CNCRouterParts, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Make your own bolt-down sacrificial board (spoilboard) for your PRO Series or Benchtop CNC machine from CNC Router Parts (www.cncrouterparts.com) using this project.
There are two Fusion 360 project files, one for Benchtop machines, and the other for PRO Series large format machines. Both are parameter-driven (parametric), meaning that by going to Fusion 360 > Modeling Workspace > Modify > Change Parameters you can update the size of the board to whatever size machine you have.
The board consists of three feature layers. You can choose to implement all three, one, two, or mix in with your own custom feature designs.
- Mounting Features - This layer/sketch contains the geometry for mounting the board to the crossmembers of the machine - this is the only required layer
- Dog Hole Features - This layer/sketch contains the geometry a grid of holes that are 3/4" diameter by default but can be adjusted to be used with MDF inserts allowing use of bolted connections. Otherwise can be used with most 3/4" size bench dog accessories and clamping systems.
- Clamping Clearance Features - This layer/sketch contains the geometry for large slots that will allow the use of F-clamps.
What You'll Need
- 3/4" thick MDF or similar material that covers the desired work area (usually matching the dimensions of the machine table).
- M8x16mm button head fasteners w/roll-in t-nuts (5 per crossmember)
Making/Mounting the Board
To create your own board, download either the DXF file or the Fusion 360 Project (free for non-commercial use). The DXF file can be used with any popular CAM offerings, including Vectric's popular VCarve PRO (demonstrated in the attached video)!
The spoilboard should be directly mounted to the cross-members of the CNC machine with 5 fasteners per crossmember
Spoilboard How-To Videos
- Benchtop PRO (& Standard)
(Note: If you are using Fusion 360, you can watch that video and the Part II CNC video and don't need to watch the Vectric project walkthroughs and vice-versa).
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
PRO Series "CNC Router Parts" Spoilboard by CNCRouterParts is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving CNCRouterParts a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure CNCRouterParts would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).