Direct Drive Vert-Xtruder
by gyronictonic, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A Direct Drive Extruder with the Nema17 motor positioned parallel to the X Axis, suitable for printers with a vertical X configuration. It is used on my RepRap 3Dprinter, 3DPrintMi
Currently using a modified version of the MBE
- Wade Extruder mount holes (50mm center to center).
- Accepts any lever mods already available on Thingiverse, Currently optimized for ivc's Spring-loaded Replicator 1 Drive Block
- Interchangeable clamp mounts to accommodate different hot-ends.
- For a perpendicular motor mount, use Direct Tito-V3
Ver 2 uploaded. Increased filament tube closer to the pulley drive
Added new motor mount to accommodate the smaller diameter size of the MK8 drive pulley, untested!
New VertX motor mount, added more hotend mounts. The VertX motor mount is best suited with the Replicator 2 lever extruder. Motor mount has been optimized for flexible filament.
2 - M3 x 25mm for the base/clamp mount
2 - M3 nuts inserted into the base mount
Compatible with ivc's Spring-loaded Replicator 1 Drive Block
May also use the Spring-loaded Replicator 2 Drive Block (untested)
Select a service to print this Thing and ship it to you
Direct Drive Vert-Xtruder by gyronictonic is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving gyronictonic a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure gyronictonic would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).