OMT² Project - Hex Bits & Handles
by AhZou, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Interchangeable Handles and Toolheads
compatible with the standard 1/4" (6.35mm) Hex Bits & Handles
Take your good old screwdriver bit holder and use it with one of the OMT² toolheads and you have a new tool. Or you so desperatly need to tight that loose screw and you can't seem to found your bit holder, print one up ^^
Even better, you need a tool that doesn't exist, just make it using the guidelines listed below and your creation will be compatible with every OMT² tooolheads/handles AND every standard bit holders you can come upon...
Here I'll be listing all the parts made using the OMT/OMT2 tags
- Spanners set METRIC : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1420423
- Spanners set INCHES : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1422494
- Allen keys set INCHES : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1381003
- Allen keys set METRIC : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1359260
- Hex to Square 1/4" adapter : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1379117
- Bed Leveling Tool : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1359579
- Blade Holder : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1359425
- Blade Holder V2 : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1417030
- Nail Holder (Awl) : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1359444
- Rounded End Bit : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1363389
- Whiteboard Precision Eraser : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1363296
For your tool bit to be compatible with 1/4" Hex bit holders and/or OMT² handles, it needs to follow this guidelines :
- It must be a 6 sided polygon
All dimensions are given "flat to flat" (Circumbscribed diameter)
Male (Plugs for tool bits)
heigth is always 5.5mm for tool bits
Tight : 1/4" (6.35mm) => radius : 3.175mm
Basic : 6.25mm => radius : 3.125mm
Loose : 6.15mm => radius : 3.075mm
Female (Sockets for handles)
depth is always 6mm for sockets
One size only : 6.70mm => radius : 3.35mm
What needs to be done
- Redo all the tools and bits in parametric (openSCAD)
- Create crazy/useless/funny tool bits
This project is the evolution of the (now discontinued) "Open Multi Tool" project. The main difference between the 2, is the ability to use all OMT² toolheads and handles with any 1/4" (6.35mm) Hex bits and handles that you probably have lying around and/or that you can found in any hardware shop around the world.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
OMT² Project - Hex Bits & Handles by AhZou is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving AhZou a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure AhZou would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).