For a long time we'd been using the FatShark Spironet antenna's, and they were great, but then along came the Aomway's for a third of the price. The quality and range was great but the lobes were very susceptible to damage. I didn't like covering mine in hot glue to save them so I made this. I've been handing this design around for months and it's extremely well tested! So far not a single antenna has broken while having this on it, so I hope you get the same use out of it,
To attach it to the antenna, simply put the two halves around the lobes, then slide heat shrink up over the stem until it covers the ridged portion. Shrink the heat shrink and it'll be good to go!