This is a funny and basic train toy. I make it for a car race of my University (Carlos III, Madrid).
-> Rendered image and files ChucuchÃº V1 .scad and .stl, are only for a global vision, THEY ARE NOT PRINTABLE < -
Here you can see how it works:
((Photos and video are from old version; I still haven't had enough time to print the one new.))
Enjoy it!! ^^
- First of all, you have to print the four parts.
- Then, fix them with a hot glue gun or some other strong glue.
Axes and mechanism:
Print 4 castor wheels (from Obijuan->thing:7989) with these characteristics:
oring_diameter=20 (Internal diameter);
drill=4; (It depends on the thickness of your metallic threaded rod).
wheel_width=6; (Here you can use what width you want).
- To make these wheels, you need 4 o-rings (diameter: 20 mm).
- For each axis you need also a metallic threaded rod 4x75mm (diameter, lenght).
- Print an elastic-band-holder.
- An elastic band.
Some hex nuts.
- Join all this as you can see on the photo (or improve the configuration :P).
- To hold the elasctic band, you can make a hole on part 3, or you can use an eye lag.