Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Improved filament guide tube holder for Replicator 2
by ferdyp, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Improved mount for the filament guide tube on the Replicator 2. Simply click it onto the original mount, no extra tools needed.
The original mount for the guide tube is very close to the casing and has several issues;
- The tube sometimes comes loose
- It's hard to quickly change filament, for example mid-print, because of the small tube opening
- Filament tends to jump off from full spools, wrapping around the spool axle
- Filament sometimes tangles itself, because the straw pulls it towards the sides
Inspired on some other existing things, combining all their benefits into one, I am trying to solve all these problems at once.
There are 2 slots for guide tubes, in case you use dual extrusion. Each slot has it's own 2 openings on the bottom where filament can be fed from either spool.
As these openings are shaped like funnels, it's easier to insert filament. And because these openings are positioned over 30mm backwards, they are easier to reach, while they spool the filament more from the center instead of pulling to the side.
Update September 26, 2013
- Changed the bridge between both legs to be arced,and reduce overhang problems
- Greatly improved grip on the filament guide tube.
- Redid the tubes to have a slightly larger inner diameter and smoother inner surface
Prints without support.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Improved filament guide tube holder for Replicator 2 by ferdyp is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving ferdyp a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure ferdyp would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).