These are accessories for mounting the Sony Action Cam.
- First is a camera holder for a naked Action Cam that has the GoPro style mounting ears. This lets you use your Action Cam with the vast number of GoPro mounts and anchors available on this site and other places. It's best printed on end with internal and external supports.
- Next up is a clip that holds the camera. It's most useful for including in derived designs. Or you can print it and glue or otherwise attach it to something else.
- There's a base for sliding in the Sony mounting bracket that comes with the waterproof case. This is compatible with the Sony slide-in mount that came with my Actioncam. It can be mounted directly to other parts, or fused with the helmet base for attachment to convex surfaces.
- Also included is a concave helmet base. Attach this to the base (I used an acetone/ABS juice slurry), and then mount them to a helmet using double-sided mounting tape. Three different .stl files with different radiuses are here. You can customize the radius in the included HelmetBase.scad file.
- Finally, there's a storage cap for protecting the Action Cam's protruding fisheye lens.
To make changes to the GoPro style clip, you'll need to download MoonCactus' excellent GoPro library .scad file and and place it in the same directory as this thing's GoProClip.scad file. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:62800
The concave helmet mount pieces can be easily modified to have different radiuses. Just open the HelmetClip.scad file and change the HollowR constant.