- Moved blower attach block away from the screw path. Now one may use a nut to mount something else, like an LED PCB, under the top fan.
- Added a secondary attach point for a future height probe.
Prusa i3 Improved for Lasercut
Printed in black ABS at 230 degrees celsius. Used 4 raft layers, 10mm brim, hairspray, heated bed to 110 degrees, and a "build chamber" for extra adhesion. By "build chamber" I mean an old wardrobe keeping heat inside and cold drafts out.
- Removed bulk raft by peeling.
- Taped a sandpaper to a flat surface.
- Sanded away remaining raft, leaving top fan mount flat.
- Sanded all mounting surfaces flat (blower, probe and back mounting plate).
- Inserted all 6 trapped nuts BEFORE mounting the hotend.
- Used zip-ties to hold the back of the top fan, but screws to hold the front. I intent to mount a LED lighting PCB there later.
... is here.
The white parts in the pictures are from the original thing, check the "Remixed From" link. I plan on changing them by:
Move the mount holes of the fan support plate to the right position.
Add some clearance between the mounting plate and the fan, so it can accommodate the M3x8 screw heads under the fan, and I can remove the washers.
Clear the neck-down where the fan nozzle attaches to the fan. It gets really narrow there and, while I haven't tested yet, I believe it would reduce the airflow. I plan on making it a thin wall (<1mm) and seal the connection with electrical tape from outside.
Critical: Print in black to match. :-)