e-NABLE Phoenix Hand v2
by EnableCommunityFoundation, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a remix of the original e-NABLE Phoenix hand by Jason Bryant with replacement components by John Diamond, Scott Darrow and Andreas Bastian. A full assembly guide is included. The changes from the original are as follows:
- Gauntlet - Original fully 3D printed version replaced with a thermoformed equivalent (lighter, stronger, uses less filament, quicker to print and can be adjusted to better fit the forearm)
- Gripper box components - Whippletree doesn't require tying to the swivel pin using string. The printing support from the swivel pin should be cut/snipped/filed off before assembly. The thumb tensioner pin is shorter so it doesn't need to protrude from the front of the gripper box.
- Thermoformable palm mesh - An easier to assemble alternative to using Velcro in the palm. Can be thermoformed and adjusted to fit the recipient. Two alternative versions, thin/thick, are provided.
- Palm with supports - The support structure uses less filament than the original and can be easily, safely and cleanly removed by hand usually without tools.
- Demo bar - Used instead of the palm mesh if the hand is to be used for demonstration purposes. It allows a person with a full set of fingers and thumb to wear the hand and operate it.
- Wrist pin - This pin has been shortened to allow it to be used with the thermoformed gauntlet.
A video demonstrating how to thermoform a gauntlet is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BihhKHjguZY
A full assembly guide including a list of additional components and recommended assembly tools is included in the list of files.
Consult the included Phoenix Assembly Guide
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
e-NABLE Phoenix Hand v2 by EnableCommunityFoundation is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving EnableCommunityFoundation a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure EnableCommunityFoundation would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).