Raspberry Pi B+ HifiBerry DAC+ Pro enclosure
by PrintMo, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
UPDATE: WiFi only version available print SqueezePiHiFiBerryCase_Outer_WifiOnly.stl and SqueezePiHiFiBerryCase_Outer_WifiOnly.stl instead
This is an enclosure for a Raspberry B+, Wifi dongle and a HifiBerry DAC+ hat.
You have to unsolder the connectors from the HifiBerry DAC+ PCB or remove the contacts and case of the connectors carefully (warranty will be void anyways!). I goofed up with soldering (lead free and impatience is a nono) so I had to fix the tracks with bodge wire.
Bill of materials
- Raspberry Pi B+
- Hifiberry DAC+ series (Pro, Headphone or standard)
- EDIMAX EW-7811UN WiFi dongle
- MicroSD card 4 GB with piCorePlayer version 1.19l burned image (pretty old but it was the only image working correctly with the EDIMAX dongle) in case you want to use the device in a Logitech Squeezebox environment
- Network cable for first setup
- 5V 2A power supply and suitable panel mount socket, designed for EDC 12 R (search for: edc 21 r 11638)
- Rean (Neutrik) RCA connectors red and white: http://www.rean-connectors.com/en/products/phono/phono-jacks/nys367
- “Audio grade” wire (at least 2 twisted pairs + shield)
- Wire 2 x 0,5 mm² (2x AWG 20)
- 2x DIN EN ISO 4762 - M3 x 10 screws
- 2x DIN EN ISO 4032 - M3 nuts
- 4x DIN EN ISO 1207 M2,5 x 20 screws
- 4x DIN EN ISO 4032 - M2,5 nuts
- 4x DIN EN ISO 7049 - ST2,9 x 19 screws
- 4x DIN EN ISO 7049 - ST2,9 x 9,5 screws
- 3D printed parts (see Thing Files) 4x SqueezePiHiFiBerryCase_PCBStands.prt.stl
- A thin shaft (<4 mm) screw driver for slotted screws
See pictures above!
piCorePlayer 1.19l Setup
- Refer to https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home for basic installation and web-browser based setup
- After web-browser based setup is finished SSH into the device to disable the web based GUI (user: "tc", password "piCore") -> type in "Webgui disable" command to disable the web based GUI (or "Webgui enable" to enable the GUI)
- I have not yet figured out how to change the default password, if anyone knows how to do it let me know!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Raspberry Pi B+ HifiBerry DAC+ Pro enclosure by PrintMo is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving PrintMo a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure PrintMo would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).