UPDATE: WiFi only version available print SqueezePiHiFiBerryCase_Outer_WifiOnly.stl and SqueezePiHiFiBerryCase_Outer_WifiOnly.stl instead
This is an enclosure for a Raspberry B+, Wifi dongle and a HifiBerry DAC+ hat.
You have to unsolder the connectors from the HifiBerry DAC+ PCB or remove the contacts and case of the connectors carefully (warranty will be void anyways!). I goofed up with soldering (lead free and impatience is a nono) so I had to fix the tracks with bodge wire.
- Raspberry Pi B+
- Hifiberry DAC+ series (Pro, Headphone or standard)
- EDIMAX EW-7811UN WiFi dongle
- MicroSD card 4 GB with piCorePlayer version 1.19l burned image (pretty old but it was the only image working correctly with the EDIMAX dongle) in case you want to use the device in a Logitech Squeezebox environment
- Network cable for first setup
- 5V 2A power supply and suitable panel mount socket, designed for EDC 12 R (search for: edc 21 r 11638)
- Rean (Neutrik) RCA connectors red and white: http://www.rean-connectors.com/en/products/phono/phono-jacks/nys367
- “Audio grade” wire (at least 2 twisted pairs + shield)
- Wire 2 x 0,5 mm² (2x AWG 20)
- 2x DIN EN ISO 4762 - M3 x 10 screws
- 2x DIN EN ISO 4032 - M3 nuts
- 4x DIN EN ISO 1207 M2,5 x 20 screws
- 4x DIN EN ISO 4032 - M2,5 nuts
- 4x DIN EN ISO 7049 - ST2,9 x 19 screws
- 4x DIN EN ISO 7049 - ST2,9 x 9,5 screws
- 3D printed parts (see Thing Files) 4x SqueezePiHiFiBerryCase_PCBStands.prt.stl
- A thin shaft (<4 mm) screw driver for slotted screws
- Refer to https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home for basic installation and web-browser based setup
- After web-browser based setup is finished SSH into the device to disable the web based GUI (user: "tc", password "piCore") -> type in "Webgui disable" command to disable the web based GUI (or "Webgui enable" to enable the GUI)
- I have not yet figured out how to change the default password, if anyone knows how to do it let me know!