After surviving the sandy cliffs of Dogon Country in Mali, the crowds of downtown Dhaka and many rides strapped to the back of a moped in Vietnam, our camera tripod finally broke during a photoshoot at a Boston medical center. Specifically, we broke one of the cam-locks on the tripod legs. In removing the broken latch, we broke another latch on the same leg.
We were about to dive into some tedious CAD work when we discovered that frubino had already created models of our broken parts. Hooray Thingiverse!
This remix adapts frubino's design to our Manfrotto Digi 718B camera tripod. Using Autodesk Inventor's Direct Modify tool, we made the inner walls of the medium and the large latch housings wider all around by 0.5mm for a sliding fit--thanks frubino for posting IGS files!. We also created new thinner pads for inside the cam, which allowed us to fit the cam hinge pin though both the printed part and the original thumb-lock.