This is a very easy vaccum forming machiine to make if you have access to a laser cutter.
It uses a regular vacuum cleaner for the vacuum.
The goal is to use plastic pic-nic plates, mold them and pour chocolate in so that you have custom shaped chocolate pieces!
Watch the video for instruction on how to use it:
It was made at RealizeBxl by Laurent Stevens (Gnou) and Gilles Pinault.
So you will need:
- 3 to 6mm material to cut. It can be wood or acrylic.
- M4 bolts
- Optionnal : a little piece of metal mesh to spread the vaccum more evenly
- a vacuum cleaner
- thin picnic plates
- a way to heat the plates. We use a heat gun some people are using an oven
The assembly is pretty straight forward once the pieces are cut.
Things to improve for the next revision:
- vacuum hole centered for a better vacuum repartition
- maybe an hinge mechanism and a clip for the frame
- maybe a round section in order to use a bigger part of the plate (but hten it will be slightly tricker to the plate).