Very simple and easy vacuum former
by gillespinault, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a very easy vaccum forming machiine to make if you have access to a laser cutter.
It uses a regular vacuum cleaner for the vacuum.
The goal is to use plastic pic-nic plates, mold them and pour chocolate in so that you have custom shaped chocolate pieces!
Watch the video for instruction on how to use it:
So you will need:
- 3 to 6mm material to cut. It can be wood or acrylic.
- M4 bolts
- Optionnal : a little piece of metal mesh to spread the vaccum more evenly
- a vacuum cleaner
- thin picnic plates
- a way to heat the plates. We use a heat gun some people are using an oven
The assembly is pretty straight forward once the pieces are cut.
Things to improve for the next revision:
- vacuum hole centered for a better vacuum repartition
- maybe an hinge mechanism and a clip for the frame
- maybe a round section in order to use a bigger part of the plate (but hten it will be slightly tricker to the plate).
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Very simple and easy vacuum former by gillespinault is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving gillespinault a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure gillespinault would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).