Gas Filter system for ABS fumes (Air Scrubber)
by 3DModularSystems, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This set of part is a gas filtration system for ABS fumes.
Also called Air Scrubber by some people.
This system will pull the air through the gas filter cartridge.
It's compatible with standard 3M gas cartridge and will only work by pulling the air through the cartridge. Pushing the air through won't work.
A blower fan turbine is adapted to this kind of application as it's designed to pull the air from one side and compress it to the other side.
The generated air pressure ensure that the air can only go one way.
This system is modular and can be adapted on several types of turbines.
- Gaz_Mask_Valve.stl is the main part of the system. It allows to connect the 3M cartridge directly to a 5015S turbine.
As those turbine might not be powerful enough you can print an adapter to connect a more powerful one
This part can support both GAMMA30 blower fan, very powerful but a little bit noisy.
It can also support 7530S or 7515S blower fan. Slightly less powerful but more silent than the GAMMA30 bower fan.
These fans are 12V blower fan, so easy to use.
You can also drive them using PWM module which will allow you to adjust the speed of the fans.
- GAMMA30_Grid.stl is a grid to protect the output of the blower fan
What filter to choose
Not all gas filter will do, but from our study on this topic (which is mainly in french for now)
We can say that
- A type filters will filter 80% of the known particles.
- AB type filter will increase the range of filtered particles
- ABEK type filters will more likely also filter unknown particles generated by colorant or other components added into the filaments by the manufacturer.
How long can last your filter?
This information is provided by the manufacturer of the filter when you by them.
As there is no way to detect that a gas filter has to be changed, a quick trick is to check if you have any smell . This will tell you that your gas cartridge has to be changed.
Where to find the filters
*You can find 9733 blower fans compatible with this unit here: http://3dmodularsystems.com/en/spare-parts/392-9733-12vdc-brussless-blower-fan-3500-rpm-283-cfm.html
- You can find 7530S blower fans here: http://3dmodularsystems.com/en/spare-parts/143-ventilateur-a-turbine-7530s-12vdc-brussless-avec-cable-de-20cm.html
- You can find 5015S blower fans here: http://3dmodularsystems.com/en/electronic/68-ventilateur-a-turbine-5015s-12vdc-brussless-avec-cable-de-20cm.html
- You can find ABEK1P3 3M filter cartridge here: http://3dmodularsystems.com/en/misc/144-3m-gaz-filter-abek1p3.html
However you should be able to find some in our local hardware store, in near the painting tools and protection section of the store.
Have a great printing experience.
3D Modular Systems
Evolutive 3D Printers
You enjoy it and want to help us with a donation: https://www.paypal.me/3DMS
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Gas Filter system for ABS fumes (Air Scrubber) by 3DModularSystems is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving 3DModularSystems a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure 3DModularSystems would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).