UPDATE: 4/24/2016 - fixed border to round corners better
This is my first attempt at a Customizer thing. It is a business card that prints on both front and back of the card and uses dual extrusion. The front text is raised, but the back text must be flush with the card.
The *.scad file supports a company logo, but I couldn't figure out how to add to customizer. I was able to export logo using "path2scad" plug-in for Inkscape. If you have OpenSCAD locally, you can manually insert your own company logo.
I chose a font I think would look best in customizer. If you download *.scad and run locally, switch font flag to use local font instead.
I'll try to post some better pictures later. My printer jammed for the first time in months, so need to fix that first.
- on my printer, the smallest I could print the font was 4mm.
- for back of card, slow down print speed. I used 25mm/sec
- for back of card, use extruder 0 for text and 1 for the card. The card in photo was printed other way around and doesn't look right. I'll try to add photo of good card (once I do some printer maintenance)
- filament matters a lot for how thick the card will be. I'm using Hatchbox-white (very good) and a no-name brand (so-so) that came free with my printer kit.
- .4 (Card Z/depth) was thinnest I tried (one-side print). It worked well, but was almost translucent
- the card in photo was printed with 1mm (Card Z/depth) and looks good for 2 sided print, but I think 1.2 would be better