Remix of http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:919475 (which is defined as a fan recreation of some kind of space ship) (fixed with Magics). Hollow version for stereolithography with hidden drainage holes.
Predip and postdip times were auto-optimized, total build time is 42 hours.
Actually built part is a rescale (125%) of uploaded file (because I had a bigger machine available and didn't want to re-hollow)
Break off platform is easy, since you have a large lever and very little support.
Rinse and wash with isopropylalchol, use compressed air in combination with the IPA to rinse the internal hollow several times; watch out that you don't blow the piece up (should be enough holes to prevent that).
In the UV oven for post-curing
Fixed with Magics v19, first I used the auto-fixer. There were plenty of intersecting planes, mostly with the tubing that runs across the parts surface. I manually deleted them and where the autofixer couldn't stitch the surfaces back together (or did it wrong) I resorted to manual stitching. Also removed some sharp internal edges (impossible to see them anyway)
After that I scaled it to the limits of my available machine and hollowed with the hollow-feature, wall thickness is 3mm.
A hollow needs drainage holes, so I punched in a few in some covered locations.
Up next was selecting build styles (all default, besides e-stage style) and then off to the Build Processor and waiting for the "Build Processing is finished".
I used a modified e-stage preference style file which heavily reduces the amount of auto-generated e-stage support (only support surfaces under an angle of <10° from horizontal surface). This resulted in a small bit of e-stage support internally in the hollow and only a bit of support on the bottom (on the hyperdrive) --> almost no support marks at all.