Carbon skeleton or 3D component carbon fiber is technique where you print only mounting components of your part. Components are fixed in proper fixing structure and connected with carbon fiber tow.
You will create lightweight and rigid carbon fiber parts done by real continuous carbon fiber tow.
All details including test results can be found in my instructables tutorial, or briefly bellow. http://www.instructables.com/id/Super-Strong-3D-Component-Carbon-Fiber-Parts/
Material ColorFabb - XT-CF20
1. Glue in 1,2mm carbon rods as supports for carbon fiber winding.
2. Glue in 1x3mm profiles and fix it to fixing structure. let super glue to cure completely, it react with epoxy causing smoke and corrupting joints.
3. Connect end of fiber to fixing structure, it will help you to tighten fiber in first rows
4. mix the epoxy
5. Do the job. Put epoxy to all fibers every 4-6 rounds. Do X structures from sides and top. I put approximately 6m of 3K fiber to it.
6. Let it cure for min 24hours and sand remainings