Pinard Horn (Foetoscope)
by fil, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a stethoscope that is intended for listening to a foetal heartbeat in the womb. It is loosely base on a wooden model owned by my wife's aunt, as you can see in more detail here: http://things.hands.com//thing/foetoscope
Make sure that you have support material for the raised section of the ear-end (in SFACT/Skeinforge you need Support Material Choice: Everywhere)
- Print this out
- Find a heavily pregnant, friendly woman -- or if you're pregnant, then just find someone who wants to listen to your bump.
- Apply the 'horn' end to the bump, and an ear to the flat end.
- Listen -- you're after something that's going at at least 120 beats a minute. Lower frequency, more whooshing noises are the mother's blood-flow.
Obviously, this is not an alternative to good medical advice -- don't use this as a tool to decide whether you need to consult a doctor.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Pinard Horn (Foetoscope) by fil is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving fil a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure fil would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).