While this project started out as a few quick replacement parts for the Slow Stick it has evolved into something much more. As long as I was designing replacement parts why not improve them? So I did.The original Motor mount was so weak that sometimes it would break before the propeller. So I made it stronger and thicker. The battery platform was hard to use so we simplified it. Now its simple fast and much stronger, and no more Velcro to mess with. Just put a rubber band around the bottom and your done. The wing mounts are beefed up too. I lowered the angle a bit so the airplane now flies a little faster. I also made some Low wing mounts so you can have a Low Stick if you want it. Now the tail wheel is steerable too. And while I was at it I got rid of the flimsy main gear and replaced it with carbon arrow shafts. New pre-drilled holes for 9 gram servos. Stronger wheels to take more weight. And a tail brace to help hold coroplast tail feathers on and make them removable too.Without even thinking about it I have re designed every part of the plane. It will soon have an Armon wing similar to the FilteTest wings made out of Dollar Tree foam board. Stay tuned there are many more improvements to come.
I am thinking of calling this new airplane the Model "T" The T is for Trainer.