This is i3ext by sgraber, which I modified for E3D v5 hot end and 1.75 mm filament. The normal J-Head mount does not work perfectly with E3D because the mount geometry is a little bit different. This one fits perfect.
Equipped with involute gear profile to provide a constant gear ratio during movement of the extruder gears. Straight cut gears do not provide such a feature.
- Nema 17 motor
- E3D v5 hot end
- 2x 625ZZ
- 1x 608ZZ
- Silicone hose or springs
- About 50-60 mm long M5 rod
- About 20 mm long M8 rod
- M3 nuts and bolts
- MK7 filament drive gear
- Probably forgot something
- Print body, idler, and gears. I recommend ABS
- Cut main shaft from 5 mm threaded rod or make a shaft from smooth rod using a die. Latter might produce better accuracy. Make a groove in the shaft for MK7 set screw
- Put two M3 nuts into the top cavities Install, and then attach Nema 17 motor.
- Assemble and install the main shaft. You need two 605ZZ bearings, MK7 drive gear, big gear and some M5 nuts.
- Install small gear into the motor
- Slip E3D hot end into it's groove, and fasten it with some M3 nuts and bolts
- Assemble idler, you need short M8 rod and 608ZZ bearing
- Install idler. I used some silicone hose to add tension, but you can also use stiff springs