by pioj, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Enclosure for the Beagleboard-xM
- Super Thin! 91x93x27mm
- Perfect fit! Our board was designed using real measures.
- Beautiful design with rounded corners.
- TrollScience Inspired! Use magnets for closing (ala SmartCover)
- Can be adapted to be wearable.
You can donate some money to the next Paypal address:[email protected]
Designed in Catia v5
[UPDATE] V1.1 Revision!
1) Print both parts and 2 units of the "Switch" model, which are used for pressing the buttons.
2) Insert the two switches in the TOP part, placing them from inside.
3) Place you Beagleboard-xM inside the bottom part, and close the box. Enjoy!
For Closing Purposes:
4) Place small magnets on the small holes on both parts. There are 3 holes per part, located on the front and left sides of the box. Seal the holes with glue.
You can acquire the magnets by harvesting inside old broken CD/DVD drives. I found mines to be strong enough for the box!
You can also add some shielding for the magnets by first painting the holes with "metallic paint" before sealing them. This provides more protection from damaging the board.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
BeagleTroll Box by pioj is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving pioj a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure pioj would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).