This is a mini shelf bracket I made for a DIY hobby paint rack I made to fit on the IKEA PS 2014 Bureau which I use as my hobby/painting station. I've considered using commercially available paint racks but most designs takes up too much real estate on my rather small IKEA table. I've also tried looking for a bracket that I could use but none really fit the kind of size I was looking for, so I decided to design one.
The bracket supports mini shelves with a 35mm width suitable for most hobby paint bottles including Tamiya, Citadel or Army Painter/PP drop bottles. My mini shelf uses foamcore but any material will do as long as they can support the weight of the paint bottles. You will have to measure the height of each kinds of bottle and set the height between each row of shelf appropriately.
The hole in the bracket allow the use of 1/2" self tapping screws.
Here's a list of the material I used for this project
- 5 x brackets printed from paint_rack_bracket.stl (each row)
- foamcore (penknife and ruler to cut into strips of 35mm width)
- 1/2" self tapping screws (1 screw per bracket)
- Electric screwdriver/mini drill
- double sided tape or blu-tack to attach foamcore to bracket.
Printed in PLA with 2 outer layers and 20% infill.