HTC Vive - Cable Support - Waist/Belt Clip
by RichWP, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Updated 1/27/17: Now includes support for the round cable shipping with newer headsets.
A simple clip that allows you attach your HTC Vive's headset cable to your waist band or belt. This makes the headset much more comfortable, since the bulk of the cable weight and movement drag is transferred from your head to your waist.
Mankati Fullscale XT Plus
.2 or .1
Make sure that you print in the default orientation so your that your print layers/direction give both parts maximum strength where they need it. PLA works well.
Simply slide the 'CableHolder' into the 'BeltClip' slot and your good to go.
To figure out where to attach the CableHolder part to the Vive's Headset Cable:
- Put on the Vive headset as you normally wear it.
- Bend over so you're touching the floor (this will let you know how much cable slack you need).
- While your bent over, note where the cable is touching your waist while hanging down the middle of your back.
- Slide the Vive's headset cable into your printed CableHolder part - about an inch below the area you marked in step 3. Note that a friction fit should be sufficient to hold the part in place!
With a little coaxing, the CableHolder part should slide in and out of the BeltClip part... It was designed this way so that you can attach multiple CableHolder parts to the Vive's cable (for different sized users) while sharing the same printed BeltClip.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
HTC Vive - Cable Support - Waist/Belt Clip by RichWP is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving RichWP a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure RichWP would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).