A mostly 3D printed and PVC pipe supported crossbow.
The design is based on a classical medieval crossbow and adapted to be printed.
This is a proof of concept design and a proof of concept to be pinned to the wall.
- 3* 400x20mm light grey PVC pipe for 10bar (for the support)
- 1* about 800x20mm dark grey PVC pipe for 16bar (for the bow)
- a few cm of 2.85mm filament or metal pins
To create the bow, search the internet for "PVC Archery".
Please be aware, this is a toy and must not be used for real shooting. You may harm yourself and maybe others.
It requires a long print time caused by the high infill. It took multiple days for me to print it!
- Added a PipeGuideFix-v2 as smaller version to simplify bow connection
- Added a Rubberband-Fix to be glued on. It holds the rubberband to pull the trigger forward. This was done to change the rubber band without disassembling. Push the rubber band through the hole and insert a 30mm piece of filament to hold it in place.
0.4mm nozzle @0.1mm layers
Only the trigger and maybe the trigger roll needs support. There are two versions available (one with support and one without).
For the BotGuide as well as for the TopGuideShort, there are also slightly longer and shorter versions to deal with PVC-Pipe length issues.
Also multiple versions of the bow clip are available to fit different sizes of bows.
All other objects an be rotated to be printed with a maximum overhang of 45° or small bridges smaller than 1cm.
Glue all connections to provide more stability.