FoldaRap, the Folding Reprap
by watsdesign, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Version 2.5 released : 21-jul-2015
After 5-7 months of development, I'm now able to travel around the town/country/world with my little folding RepRap ! Which still have a 140x140x140mm build area :D
I started by a folding reprap the size of a Mendel, based on my VertX, then a smaller version more Huxley-transportable, and finally I'm developping this one build with aluminium extrusions. It's the first iteration of the Folding RepRap, which was the world's first foldable 3d-printer (yay!).
(main pic by Belowdesign)
Go to the wiki !
Mix a bunch of 20x20 aluminium extrusion, some t-nuts, printed parts, shake.
Voilà : a Foldable RepRap !
1) Download Sketchup to see the model assembled, folded, and play with it to get familiar with how it's made.
2) Get the latest version of the .stl from the Github repository
3) Print the parts with your favorite machine (need to be well calibrated)
4) Order the things you need, (look at the BOM), with a preference for local suppliers if you can.
5) Assemble (based on the 3d-model and all the pictures/video on the wiki/flickr)
6) Enjoy to easily travel with your sturdy and foldable reprap :)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
FoldaRap, the Folding Reprap by watsdesign is licensed under the GNU - GPL license.
What does this mean?
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving watsdesign a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure watsdesign would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).