Spray paint can
by kellyegan, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a model of a spray paint can. The original was designed as an interface for my 3D drawing program. It can hold a wireless mouse. The cap conceals a Radio Shack push button which I wired to the original mouse. The body of the can is a poster tube mailer I cut down to approximate size.
I have also included a full version of the can, although it might be too tall to print on many printers at full size.
Print a mouse controller
If you want to print something similar to my original, print the top, bottom and cap models. I am only using the mouse as a clicker for my code, not dragging or scrolling. You could also place another electronic device inside instead of the mouse.
- Cut down a mailing tube to size. I used something similar to this.
- The button is a one of these from RadioShack. Be careful because once you put the button on it might be difficult to get back off.
- I superglued mine so it wouldn't wiggle around.
- The mouse is secured in some foam. I used a Logitech M325 wireless mouse, which is about 20 bucks online.
If you want to print a solid can
The can is about the size of a real spray paint can so you might check that it fits on your print bed.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Spray paint can by kellyegan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kellyegan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kellyegan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).