eMaker Huxley Part Cooling Fan Mount
by richgain, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Very small parts print better with a little bit of cooling to stop them overheating and melting. I designed a simple bracket to fix the spare fan from my Huxley kit onto the existing bolt on the X-axis idler.
- Print the part nice and strong. I used 3 perimeters, 3 base layers and 50% infill. The two vertical lugs needed some additional cooling (now, if only I had a mounted cooling fan).
- Attach the fan to the mount using standard M3 nuts and bolts.
- Replace the M3 bolt through the X-axis idler pulley with a slightly longer one, 25 mm should be plenty.
- Fix the mount to the X idler at a slight downward angle.
- Add a switch to the power supply so that the fan is only on when it is needed.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
eMaker Huxley Part Cooling Fan Mount by richgain is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving richgain a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure richgain would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).