Very small parts print better with a little bit of cooling to stop them overheating and melting. I designed a simple bracket to fix the spare fan from my Huxley kit onto the existing bolt on the X-axis idler.
- Print the part nice and strong. I used 3 perimeters, 3 base layers and 50% infill. The two vertical lugs needed some additional cooling (now, if only I had a mounted cooling fan).
- Attach the fan to the mount using standard M3 nuts and bolts.
- Replace the M3 bolt through the X-axis idler pulley with a slightly longer one, 25 mm should be plenty.
- Fix the mount to the X idler at a slight downward angle.
- Add a switch to the power supply so that the fan is only on when it is needed.