This is a Flexion mounting option for anyone that owns a Robo3D or similar 80mm rod spacing horizontal x axis. It has mounts for a 50mm Blower fan and a BLTouch Probe for auto leveling.
The Flexion is an incredible extruder designed by the guy who brought you Ninjaflex and is capable of effortlessly printing TPU material as well as easily handing non exotic filaments like PLA without the need to switch between extruder setups.
We HIGHLY recommend you upgrade if you wish to print without repeated failures and inferior quality. Buy one while they are still in stock. They have been selling out the second they get more in: https://flexionextruder.com/
Note that the Flexion kit is technically an upgrade kit for people that have MK style extruders already (which if you have a Robo3d, you do not).
Besides printing these parts and the Flexion kit you will need a couple things:
Print Part 1 in ABS or PETG since it will be fairly close to the nozzle. Part 2 and the probe bracket can be printed out of PLA if desired.
- Place 2x LM8UU bearings into Part 1 and secure them with 2 Zip-ties
- Using the 2x M3x45mm screws connect in this order.. Part 1 > 40mm Fan > Fan Heatsink > Flexion Mount > NEMA 17 Motor
-Insert the nut inside the nut trap for the blower mount in Part 2
- Carefully remove the 4x M3 screws in the back of your NEMA 17 motor.
- Using the 4x M3x 35mm screws connect Part 2 to the back of your NEMA 17 motor.
- Attach your belt (You will need to reverse your X-Motor direction since the belt is now backwards. The easiest way is to simply unplug the motor cable and flip it 180 degrees and plug it back in)
- Print at high speeds in exotic material without living on the edge!
If you wish to install the blower mount and/or BLtouch sensor simply attach them with the previously mentioned screws.
With the BLTouch Probe Mount installed there is a nice channel along the motor to route the wires through along with a clip at top of Part 2 to collect all of them neatly.
***Please note we will be updating this mount over the next week or 2 and adding some more pictures. We still need to add the air re director for the 50mm Blower fan and make some other minor adjustments. If anyone has any questions or suggestions, comment away :) ...
Print Part 1 in ABS or PETG 9or any other High Temp material)