This is the final version of The Coiler (i hope !).
After belt edition (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1611185) and the gear edition (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1613771) i decide to develope a motor version using a 12v motor with gear reduction.
With this u can do:
- a classic clapton coil;
- a juggernaut coil;
- a twister coil (using on the right side the wire_gear_dx_for_twisting.stl).
About the print STL named with _x2 final u have to print double.
To mount u need:
- some self-tapping A2 DIN7982 screw 3.5x16 (these are very standard !) to assembly the frame;
- 2x M3x15 (with nuts) for crankshaft;
- 2x M3x10 for wire fixing;
- 1x M3x15 for knob mounting;
- 1x M3x10 headless screw for motor gear;
- 2x M1.6x6 or M1.6x8 to fixing the motor;
About the circuit i chosed the PMW TE234.
The motor is called 12GAN20 and there're two kind: 100 and 300 RPM.
Probably with the PWM the 300 RPM is the best way.
About circuit and motor some hopefull link:
Update 27/06/2016 - Released
Added vertical_panel_sx_big_motor.stl and motor_gear_big.stl.
This new two parts work with another king of motor.
This one http://fave.co/2bsj89v or this one http://fave.co/2boH8a4
To fix it u need 4x M3x10-12 mm.
The other parts are the same.
This version of circuit box is for another king of circuit.
This version is biggest then other, it cost the same, and it's called "PWM DC 6V 12V 24V 28V 3A Motor Speed Control Switch Controller".
U fint it on ebay or amazon.
One link http://fave.co/2bsjEUA or http://fave.co/2boH9eg