Adjustable iPad 2/3 Holder and Charger
by adoniram, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This iPad holder supports the iPad 2 & 3. It can be adjusted for the optimal viewing angle by sliding the adjustable drive at the front of the holder. A little bit of grease will help move the drive gear; it needs to fit tight, so wear it in a little after printing. The "balancer" is to hold the cable. The balancer should be glued into the cover. The pin should be cut down to fit the little holders. Alternatively, a paper clip can be used.
This is version 3 of the holder, but the first version to be published on Thingiverse.
- Print all the parts. Print the drive gear top down.
- Insert the drive gear into the collar in the base and twist for a few minutes until the movement is smooth. Remove the drive gear and repeat with the riser.
- Apply a little grease to the drive gear collar and riser screw. Fit them together and put them into their appropriate holders. Rotate the gear until the screw is as far down as it can go, then back it off a little so that it isn't frozen in the holder.
- Put the cover on, using either the pin or a paper clip (cut to size) to mate the cover to the base.
- Glue the balancer into the cover.
- Slide a cable into the holder. You can glue it in if you wish. Now the holder is good to go!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Adjustable iPad 2/3 Holder and Charger by adoniram is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving adoniram a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure adoniram would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).