This is a fictional landscape model (15cm x 15 cm) which should help pupils better to understand topographic maps. Exercises for using these models in geography or science lessons are available here* or in Kristjan Rea master's thesis “Applying virtual 3D-models and physical 3D-models created by a 3D-printer for learning about the topic “Landforms and Groups of Landforms” in basic schools”. Link for the master's thesis: https://goo.gl/3Aq2gR
NB! It is recommended that pupils themselves participate in the process of making the landscape model.
See on väljamõeldud maastikumudel (15cm x 15 cm), mis peaks aitama õpilastel paremini mõista topograafilisi kaarte. Ülesande, kuidas seda mudelit geograafia või loodusõpetuse tundides rakendada leiate Kristjan Rea magistritööst “Virtuaalsete 3D-mudelite ja 3D-printeriga loodud füüsiliste mudelite rakendamine „Pinnavormide ja pinnamoe“ teema õppimiseks põhikoolis”. Veebilink magistritööle: https://goo.gl/3Aq2gR
NB! Võimalusel võiksid õpilased osaleda ka maastikumudeli valmistamisprotessis (modelleerimises jne).
In Adobe Illustrator CS6 the top view of the landscape model (incl. contour lines) was made.
Adobe Illustrator CS6'ga joonistati maastikumudeli ülaltvaade (sh horisontaalid).
Illustrator file was modelled in Blender 2.76 and then converted into STL file.
Illustratoris loodud faili modelleeriti Blender 2.76's ning valmis mudel konverteeriti STL vormingusse.
After printing the model paths (green), river (blue) and exercise points (black) were drawn by marker.
Pärast mudeli printimist joonistati sellele markeriga rajad (roheline), jõgi (sinine) ja ülesande punktid (mustad).
For printing this kind of a model it is recommended to use printer that has heated bed.
Sellise mudeli printimiseks on soovitatav kasutada printerit, millel on soojendusega alus.
Exercise for this landscape model
Inspect landscape model and answer the following questions. Write the correct letter from landscape model on the dotted line or underline the right answer.
1) The highest point of the landscape model is located on the point ...
2) When moving from the point I to point E the altitude decreases/stays the same/increases.
3) From point G it is possible to see point I. Yes/No. Explain shortly!
4) Compare two slopes. Slope on the northeast side is steeper than/equally steep/less steeper than slope on the northwest side of the landscape model.
5) Point B is located higher/almost at the same height as/lower than point J.
6) River flows from west to south/south to west.
7) Point H is located at top of the hill/on the slope of the hill/in the valley.
8) The lowest point of the landscape model is located on the point ...
9) Point A is located lower than/almost at the same height as/higher than point H.
10) The steepest slope is located on the northeast/southeast/southwest side of the landscape model.
11) From point F it is possible to see point D. Yes/No. Explain shortly!
12) When moving from the point D to point C the altitude decreases/stays the same/increases.
13) Point M is located at top of the hill/on the slope of the hill/in the valley.