Loading
KIT_trainee_group

Pythagoras coffee cup

by KIT_trainee_group Jun 17, 2016
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

A good design, thanks. I have made this mug by a cr-10 mini with 20% infill. The cup is very beautiful, and the function works perfect. However, if the channels can be wider, the effect can be more wider, the effect will be more attractive.

Thanks for the feedback.
I will try to insert a wider channel into the thin wall.
In an emergency, two or more channels would be a better alternative.

greetings

Hello,

I found this cup very interesting so I gave it a try. The "cup part" came out pretty nice, but the "pythagoras part" doesn't really work. If I exceed the water limit it starts to leak like it should be, but it stops after a while. When I blow air from the top so it get pressurized, it starts to leak, but again, it stops after a while.

I consider two options. Channels are too narrow for water (maybe gasoline will work, its less dense). Or there are some kind of micro gaps between the layers so water can't get past them, but air can, and it stops when air gets into the channels trough the outer walls. Channels are clean and smooth inside, checked while printing. Any other ideas?

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
The cap works for me until the end. I've increased the number of outlines to 3 and printed with a little more temperature (the lines should stick together better). My problem is that it's still not 100% waterproof, and some of the water is inside the cup = in the cavities. But the mug works, and my kids are happy.
I think that you are sucked in the inside of the line air, and the line loses its effect. I would continue to increase the outer lines and in the preview, make sure that between the two lines (up and down) enough material. Maybe you can put it in the oven for a short time, so that the gaps close (I had thought of me).
The size of the pipe should fit.
Greetings Heiko

Hallo,
danke für Deine Rückmeldung.
Der Cap funktioniert bei mir bis zum Ende. Ich habe bei mir die Anzahl der Außenlinien auf 3 erhöht und mit etwas mehr Temperatur gedruckt (Die Linien sollten sich besser verkleben). Mein Problem ist, dass er damit immer noch nicht 100% Wasserdicht ist, und sich ein Teil des Wassers im inneren der Tasse ansammelt = in den Hohlräumen. Aber die Tasse funktioniert, und meine Kinder sind glücklich.
Ich denke, dass bei Dir im inneren der Leitung Luft eingesaugt wird, und die Leitung seine Wirkung verliert. Ich würde die Außenlinien weiter erhöhen und in der Vorschau darauf achten, dass zwischen den zwei Leitungen (hoch und runter) genug Material ist. Vielleicht kann man ihn auch kurz in den Backofen stellen, damit sich die Lücken verschließen (hatte ich mir bei mir überlegt).
Die Größe der Leitung sollte passen.
Grüße Heiko