by timogiles, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Say hello to the 6 Packer, the awesomest way to transport your glass bottled beverage of choice. The 6 Packer is constructed of 3/16" thick laser cut ply wood and assembled with 4-40 1/2" screws and nuts. The bottle holes will accept anything from the run of the mill long neck bottles to IBCs to short chubby craft beer bottles.
The 6 Packer was designed with openscad and is completely parametric. You can change material thickness, bottle diameter, fastener size, hand grip size re-render and cut out using your favorite laser cutter!
- Tweak the OpenSCAD file to your exact specifications
- Export from OpenSCAD as a DXF.
- note that DXFs inherently have no units. The .scad file is designed in mils (1/1000 inch)
- Import DXF into Inkscape
- scale by .0254 to get the dimension correct on import
- Prep & send to your laser cutter
- Put all the pieces together
- Smile with delight at your creation.
You can see my full step by step assembly instructions here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5Ww9u9XXvipZGRmNDEwYWItN2Q4OS00Mjk1LTg1MGEtNDVmNjIxY2E1ZmFl
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
6 Packer by timogiles is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving timogiles a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure timogiles would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).