I just fixed the model that RossRobotics so skillfully crafted. Many of the parts were inverted which prevented it from slicing correctly, for me.
I printed the model using 2 perimeters @ .3mm an .15 infill. I had edited out some of the fine detail (tiny satellite dishes, etc) before printing, but they are present in this file.
I used Wings 3d to take apart the model. It is a very simple program. Although it lacks some distinct features, it does allow a model to be broken up into its original parts, which allows you to edit things, like taking out small details or modifying just a single part or two of the whole thing without much effort.