Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
1/10 EP Touring Car
by P5i, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This thing is a 1/10 scale electric 4wd touring car. Not fully, but the most parts are 3D printed. The not printed parts are from a cheap Tamiya TT-01, you can buy them from ebay for a few dollars. The suspension geometry is very similar to T.O.P Scythe, or HB Cyclone. The goal of design this stuff is making a better adjustable chassis than a TT01, but keeping the robust and cheap drive train.
It have a highly adjustable suspension. You can adjust:
- Front and rear toe in-out (with one screw release/wheel)
- Front and rear camber
- Front and rear shock absorber position
- Front and rear roll center
- Front caster with different C hubs
If you want to build this RC car you will need the following parts:
- Tamiya TT01 ball bearing set
- Tamiya TT01 differental gears (2x)
- Tamiya TT01 drive shaft
- Tamiya TT01 spur gears (58/55T)
- HPI Sprint 2 swing shaft (2 pairs)
- Tamiya TRF shock absorbers (or something similar)
- Universal connecting rods (3 pairs)
- A handful of M3 screws, and ball studs :) (I will count)
- Yokomo (#ZS-016P) Body Mount Post (F/R 2each)
I have printed a prototype from PLA, and ran out some battery packs. The conclusion is the following:
- Little bit flexible chassis
- Weak differential outs (a 13,5 motor can break easily on corner exit)
- Sensitive suspension parts, easy to break.
- Recommended to using a heat isolator between the motor and the motor mount.
I have lost my inspirations about this project. If you want to help to test or develop this stuff I will share the 3d files with pleasure. Let's carve a good 3D printed touring car :)
Wanhao Duplicator i3
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
1/10 EP Touring Car by P5i is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving P5i a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure P5i would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).