GASB One - RC Flying wing fully printed (ONLY 9 PIECES GLUELESS)
by Carletto73, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Ciao a tutti,
GASB One is a very simple printable flying wing
The wingspan of this model is 80cm (31,5 inch). All the parts of the model are able to fit into a standard 3D printer (19x19x16cm work size). The key points of this design are: very few pieces to be printed (9), cheapness (about 420g of PLA), easy assembly/disassembly/repairng (no glue) and good flier!
- On July 31th 2016 over the field of GASB in Padulle the flying wing version 4 flew. The first four takeoff attempts was spent to find the CG. This is located 145mm rear to the junction leading edges of the wings. As soon found the CG, the plane took off twice by beautiful flights. The final weight of the version 4 was 334g with all (battery, motor, receiver etc,,,).
- The version 5 was a little heavier (358g) due the increment of the thickness to 0.32mm instead 0.3mm, the infill 3% instead 2% and canopy fixed by magnets. The weight was increased but the motor is able to manage properly. Was downloaded by over 10000 people. Downloadable here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2320788
- The version 6 had apported several improvements. Here listed https://www.thingiverse.com/make:347302 first off all the servo 9g more standard and the internal structure into the wing (to print without infill)
- The current version 7, due to the very great help received from Marco67 https://www.thingiverse.com/Marco67/about is a very big step award. The main improvement is the fact that the model not require glue. This means that, in case of damage, you can disassembly the plane and print just the part demaged. Also, the wings back to be solid, without internal structure, this help the beginner and allow to choise the setup fovourite. The canopy not requires magnets.
Here there is a video https://youtu.be/TYR0Yaah_4o
see also this https://youtu.be/TPNiDbek_nQ
Motor BE 1806 2300kv https://it.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20170718115454&SearchText=be1806+2300kv
ESC 30A https://it.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20170718115506&SearchText=esc+30a
2x servos 9g https://it.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20170718115721&SearchText=servo+9g
Propeller 6x4 https://it.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20171128154025&SearchText=propeller+6x4
Prusa rework i3
0 - 8%
Please refer to the instruction manual
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
GASB One - RC Flying wing fully printed (ONLY 9 PIECES GLUELESS) by Carletto73 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Carletto73 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Carletto73 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).