Light-up Rose with Stem (pluggable)
by mcseven, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is not really a remix. I just added a piece which makes assembly easier.
- some wire, red and black preferred
- some heat-shrink tubing
- red/blue/white LEDs, 14000mCd or more
- resistors, depending on the LEDs, I used 100Ohm for red, blue and white wouldn't even need resistors
- micro sliding switches (e.g. those: http://www.ebay.de/itm/S09-10-Stk-Mini-Schalter-Miniatur-Schiebeschalter-8-5x3-5x10-5-mm-/311585219557)
- CR2032 battery holders
Circle shaped part
This piece of plastic needs to be glued to the bottom of the flower, with the protruding ring part facing down and -of course- the large round surface being super-glued to the base of the rose.
Test print it so that you find the right amount of fricton. The rose must stick firmly to the stem, but should be removable also, perhaps with a bit of twisting required.
This allows for a easier battery change in the future - no glue break ups required.
- Well, print the stem, rose and circle part.
- super glue the circle part to the rose (see 2nd pic)
- solder together as shown in the other pics
- glue switch into the stem, it's a bit tricky not to get super glue stuck in the switch and make it non-functioning. Maybe use a high-viscosity super glue.
- Guide LED into the hole in the rose (no gluing required)
- Plug rose onto stem.
Easy, right? Enjoy.
Prusa i3 Custom
Other print settings:
- Material: PLA (I even used glow in the dark green)
- Minimum layer time: 12s
- Supports: only on build plate
- Speed: 70mm/s
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Light-up Rose with Stem (pluggable) by mcseven is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving mcseven a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure mcseven would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).