- Update Front Supports so they can be printed on an 8x8x8 Printer
- Added Mount for Center Leg (Stem Caster w/ 6"dia wheel & 1 1/4" stem length MINIMUM)
- Updated Skirt to 8 parts. (1 for wheel mount, and the other 7 are all the same)
- Updated Bottom ring. Now you are able to print these on a 8x8x8 printer.
- Udated the Top Ring. Now includes dovetail mounts for Dome Drive Motor. Also, Now you are able to print these on a 8x8x8 printer.
- Added Brace for top ring.
- Modified AUX Arm & AUX Arm Bay. Now the AUX Arm can be fastened with 14-20 Pan Head Screws.
- Modified the Power Block & Power Block Bay. These can now be fastened with 1/4-20 screws & nuts. Also added holes/mounts for the cables.
- Modified the Outer Legg Pivots to be compatible with versions found on Astromech(dot)net
- Modified Short Supports #1 & #2 due to changes in the attached skins
Please understand, this is a work in progress. Some changes maybe necessary.
Here is Chopper from Star Wars Rebels. The plan for him is to be RC controlled, with working Dome, Arms, and sound. This was adapted from the designs of the Chopper Builders from Astromech(dot)net.
Skins, Dome, Leggs, Feet, and more to come.
Electronics and Mechanical
Since this is my first Astromech, I plan on printing mounting brackets for these components and gluing them onto the frame. I feel that is the most flexible way to design this at the moment.
Skins and Frame
The Frame is designed in components. The Major components are located with 1/4" dowels and then glued together.
Most of the Skins are designed to bolted onto the frame using 1/4-20 Pan Head Screws and nuts. The Nuts are designed to be glued into the frames.