Support me on Patreon
To help me deliver quality printable terrain models:
Want more like this, check my shop. Lots of more options:
Version 2 released, see second image for release notes.
Version 2.1 released. I found mesh problems in the front house. Fixed.
This is a fantasy viking house in 28mm scale. It is not historically correct but it looks better this way. It is perfect for iron age or early mediaval settings. The rohirrim from midgard can live in these houses as well.
It is modular so you can decide how long you want the house to be, from a tiny cottage to a long barn. Simply print the number of middle segments you desire and glue it all together. The roof is designed to be openable but you can of course glue it down.
All parts except the front roof can print without support. The front roof come in two variants, with or without built in support. I haven't actually tried this since I don't have an FDM printer.
Assembly and painting
I strongly recomment that you glue all modules before painting it.
*Dry brushing is where you dry the paint in the brush by rubbing it against a paper or something like it. The paint remaining in the brush only gets stuck on the edges. Rub the brush across the model and see the pattern and details. If you see paint strokes, your brush is still not dry enough.
If your paint doesn't cover very well, you can let the brush contain more paint.
Work in process
I will continue to work on this thing
- I need feedback from an FDM printer (I have an SLA)
- I need to know how the front roof fits on the front house
- I need to know how the knot pattern works out on your printers? (is it to small)
- The interior needs some serious love.
- Different versions that for instance makes it more hollow (to save material).
Done in version 2:
- The windows are missing (there will be windows).
- The back roof will have a chimney. (soon finished)
- The stone fundament on the three parts doesn't match where they meet. (soon finished)
- The timber on the front house doesn't match the timber on the mid and back house. (soon finished)
- The three roof sections are slightly different, the front is the worst (soon finished)
I am also planning more segments to allow many more combinations. It will probably be a kickstarter.