( 40x40mm version available here )
This is a Collinear Air Assist for Diode Laser Modules.
It is made for 33x33 mm laser modules with a focusing ring of 16 mm.
It can be mounted to the laser module without having to disassemble anything!
It consists of two 3D printed parts; a housing and a focusing wheel.
Print this item without support.
Performs best in PET-G and ABS but may also work well with PLA.
[RECOMMENDED RADIAL FAN]
1 pcs 33x33mm laser unit
1 pcs 50 mm radial fan
2 pcs M3 lock nuts (Alternatively regular M3 nuts)
1 pcs M3x20 and 1pcs M3x16 (Alternatively 2 pcs M3x20)
1 pcs small zip tie
[LASER UNIT EXAMPLE]
0) Remove the 19x2 mm support located under the flexible tab.
1) Push the focusing wheel around the focusing ring of the laser module.
2) Attach the small zip tie around the upper part of the focusing wheel and pull it tight to secure it around the focusing ring.
3) Insert M3 lock nut into the upper slot and insert M3x16 into it, screw it down until it just barely touches the plastic tab.
4) Move the housing up from underneath, sliding it over the focusing funnel until it pushes up against the laser module.
5) Tighten the M3x16 gently until feel the housing being secure on the laser module.
6) Insert M3 lock nut from the back into the screw hole for the fan.
7) Place the radial fan into position and insert M3x20 screw into the fan mounting hole and tighten.
8) Attach fan to power supply.
If you find that the item improve your daily life, consider supporting the designer by sending a tip.
Click "TIP DESIGNER" here.
[BENEFITS OF AIR ASSIST]
-Prevents smoke from degrading cutting power.
-Clears some of the debris/charred material that has been cut from the cutting line which is useful if doing multiple passes.
-Reduces the risk of material catching on fire.
-Keeps debris and vaporized material from depositing on the lens of the laser.