Air Assist for Diode Lasers
by Pawpawpaw85, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a Collinear Air Assist for Diode Laser Modules of 33x33 mm size.
It can be mounted to the laser module without having to disassemble anything!
It consists of two 3D printed parts; a housing and a focusing wheel.
Print this item without support; in PET-G, ABS or other similar flexible filaments.
(Some types of more flexible PLA may work but use it at your own risk.)
[RECOMMENDED RADIAL FAN]
1 pcs 33x33mm laser unit
1 pcs 50 mm radial fan
2 pcs M3 lock nuts (Alternatively regular M3 nuts)
1 pcs M3x20 and 1pcs M3x16 (Alternatively 2 pcs M3x20)
1 pcs small zip tie
0) Remove the 19x2 mm support located under the flexible tab.
1) Push the focusing wheel around the focusing ring of the laser module.
2) Attach the small zip tie around the upper part of the focusing wheel and pull it tight to secure it around the focusing ring.
3) Insert M3 lock nut into the upper slot and insert M3x16 into it, screw it down until it just barely touches the plastic tab.
4) Move the housing up from underneath, sliding it over the focusing funnel until it pushes up against the laser module.
5) Tighten the M3x16 gently until feel the housing being secure on the laser module.
6) Insert M3 lock nut from the back into the screw hole for the fan.
7) Place the radial fan into position and insert M3x20 screw into the fan mounting hole and tighten.
8) Attach fan to power supply.
If you find this item improves your engraving quality, please consider sending a tip.
Click "TIP DESIGNER" here.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Air Assist for Diode Lasers by Pawpawpaw85 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is not allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Pawpawpaw85 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Pawpawpaw85 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).