This is modular system for making a shelfs.
Main part is this connector.
It allows you to connect plates of cardboard or some other material, glass, plexiglass etc.
Of course, everything is customizable. We reccomend to remember or write down dimensions for printing other parts. For example - door hinge part need same dimensions as connector to fit together
More from this system:
main connector http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1369482
door handle http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1693253
Included stl is for desk with thickness 5mm
If you wish you can support us financially by becoming a Patreon. This will allow us to continue providing you with free models! It would mean a lot to us :-) Or you can give us a tip right here on Thingiverse if you've enjoyed one of our models: Tip Designer
We also have our own website 3D-mon.com where we put our premium models up for sale. You can suggest what we should do next on our new pre-order page. Follow us on Facebook where you can check news and future projects. Also participate in competitions to win prizes.
What do you need:
- printed parts
- desks made of cardboard, glass, plexiglass etc
- pieces of filament to secure desks
- lighter or source of high temperatures to heat pieces of filament securing desks
Getting everythig together:
- Think about a shape you want to build
- Print connectors and other parts customized just for your thickness of desks, and make sure they're strong enought to hold them (for glass desk you should rather use thicker connectors, etc.)
- Put desks in connecotrs and other parts
- Use lighter to make nail shape using piece of filament long enought to go through the desk and connector
- Put nail shaped pieces into every hole in construction.
You are done! :-)
We were thinking about some shelf or a storage system that we need in Makerslab. At first we wanted make fully printable modular shelves. But we found it hard to make piece which would easily print and do not waste material... So here is system using not only printed parts. mainly it uses cardboards, because design in Makerslab and Paralelní polis is made out of carboard.