This Thing is currently under moderation: due to a DMCA request.
Files and images for this Thing are currently unavailable.
by elk, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a TinTin-Cartoon-Style Rocket for 3D printing. It was inspired by the thing http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4509 by twotimes. It is not a derivate since it was completely rebuilt/drawn from scratch (nevertheless was it inspired by the version published by twotimes which is a really nice and large model).
My aim was to make it really easy to assemble and print. It consists of 12 printed parts only and just one threaded rod and two nuts are necessary to assemble.
Biggest part (max. spred x/y/z): 67mm/75mm/55mm
Threaded rod dimensions: M3 x 125mm
Nuts: 1x M3 Nylock / 1x M3 standard nut
Scale all parts by factor 1.272727 --> 1.3 (tested, works fine!) to get a M4 Version - will be 208mm high and use a M4 rod of 160mm and two M4 nuts. Should still be printable on a makerbot (largest spread of foot-part will be 97.5mm). You will perhaps like to redrill the holes for the m4 rod with a 4.2mm drill (or lightly rework with a round file) for easy assembly...
Check the "I made one" section for comparison picture of the two sizes...
Download all numbered parts (001 - 012). Assembly is not necessary for printing - this one is optional, just to illustrate how it looks when completed.
â€¢Should not need any support structure, so print without.
â€¢Use a fine nozzle if available (I printed with a 0.35mm nozzle, layer height 0.25mm, 2 shells)
- Print parts 001 to 007 in red
- Print parts 008 to 012 in white
- Cut one piece of M3 threaded Rod (lenght 125mm)
- Prepare one nylock-nut and one normal nut in m3 size (recommended but either type of nut works).
â€¢Clean all the ooze off your parts (if any...)
â€¢It may be necessary to re-drill the holes for the rod... or to use a file or a swiss pocket knife ;)
- Screw the nylock-nut on one end of the threaded rot (so that it's even with the nut)
- Slide the rod through the bottom hole of the foot (from bottom, so that the nut stays on the bottom and the rod looks upwards)
- Slide the white segment 5 (with 5 little cuts...) along the rod
- Slide the red segment 5 along the rod and bring into position with the foot
- Continue with white 4 (bring in position) red 4, white 3, red 3 and so on untill all segments are in position.
- Screw the normal nut lightly on the M3 rod (do not thighten yet!)
- Slide the cone over the nut and centre it (mind that there is one slide-in-slot!)
- Bring the cone in position and tighten the bottom nut (not too much! you can crack the parts with the force of the thread with ease...)
DONE! Enjoy your brand new, supercool baby-rocket!
PS: Nicely in a team with twotimes's rocket found here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4509
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Cartoon Rocket by elk is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving elk a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure elk would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).