The official boxy case for HeaterMeter v4.3 BBQ grill controller. Print your own!
This is customizable case holds a HeaterMeter and Raspberry Pi. Tested with B+ and Pi 3, but should fit A+, B+, Pi 2, Pi 3, and Pi Zero.
- Add option for mouselegs
- Default wall=2.0mm, wall_t=1.45mm
- USB pillar width 2.0mm -> 2.2mm
- Interior fillet from 1mm chamfer to body_corner_radius/2 round
- Don't cut out pic_ex and then rebuild it, just cut less (makes Pi ethernet jack area smaller)
- Increased case height from 32mm to 32.5m, length +1mm, other sub-mm tweaks (5e107f7)
- Less round nuttraps for straight-only overhang
- Raspberry Pi 3A+ option
- Corner radius now a function of wall thickness for consistent thickness at corners
- Removed pin cutout by LCD, space is never needed
- Fix for incorrect LCD view area offset. LCD anchor point now calculated from PCB location (moves LCD down ~0.5mm)
- Add hidden option to generate a LED soldering jig
- Offset HeaterMeter 1mm from front edge of case
- Refactored some offsets to use their real-world PCB locations
- Fix USB pillar reinforcements for walls <2.0mm
- Decrease size of Pi connector extension 2.0 -> 1.7mm
- Fix for blocked Pi connector holes on thick walls (1/4")
- Add keyholes (commented out)
- Fixed mismatch in depth of bottom screw heads which generated a 0.5mm high piece that cut into cutout
- LCD mount now scales properly with wall_t thickness
- Move HeaterMeter up wall/4 to offset it from close wall and allow at least one fill extrusion width on the bottom layer, also should make Base PCB not interact as much on the front left and right corners
- LCD mount screws returned
- Added option for no LCD/Button holes (untested)
- Moved probe centerline up 9.0 -> 9.3, by math
- Add option for no probe holes at all
- Mouseears are back! Disabled by default
- Remove edge stop from Zero variant
- Remove Pi connector-side hole for 1A+, now is like the old Zero (with SD card ledge and screw landings)
- Big nut trap ingress height increased by 0.2mm
- Increased LCD bezel cutout depth by 1mm, grab latch still in the same place
- Decreased default wall width 3.0mm -> 2.5mm
- Reduce the size of the Pi right edge stop -0.5mm
- Nut ingress is now a sideways trapezoid so it starts wider and tapers in, ingress width lowered 5.8->5.7mm
- Nut recess no longer offset 0.4mm, elongated the points 0.2mm each side.
- Locklip_p now default inset is 0, only the insert is inset now to allow the base to extend all the way to the wall.
- Fix microsd being slightly off-center since the case was enlarged last rev.
- The top of the LCD block is now filleted.
- Pi PCB was interfering with the USB pillar reinforcements on the bottom
- Increase locklip_p bar thickness to 2.5mm to allow a more solid fill, body is 0.5mm deeper now (d = d + 0.5)
- Reduce top negative body inset chamfer, this didn't seem to make any difference in warping and takes longer / more material to print.
- Add vertical internal body corner fillets to the top two corners to let them get filled while printing. Bottom two need to be square still.
- Reduce length of front guide lip to prevent possible interference with mcu socket if overextruded.
- Adds configurable parameters for corner radius and chamfer height. Corner radius must be > 0 even if it is 0.01.
- Adds configurable parameters for wall thickness and face thickness
- Adds new Pi style Connectorless which is for a Pi 2 or 3 with the USB and Ethernet covered.
- Removes mouseears.
- Default wall thickness is now 3mm (up from 2.82mm).
- Replace square edge fillets with new continuous bead chamfer and increase roundness of corners
- Fix guide lips not being attached in STL export
- Added USB pillar reinforcements
- Reduce wall thickness 0.14mm (2.82mm now)
- Interior filleted to add corner strength
- Case split at different height for probe vs rest of case to mabe USB pillars less torqueable
- 2016-Sept-16 - Adds optional corner mouseears
- 2016-Sept-09 - Adds additional lips on sides to aid in alignment
Do not print with support, no angle is greater than 45 degrees and support could fill the nut traps which would make then really hard to clean out.
Be sure your slicer fills the posts between the USB jacks and the locklip with something (infill or solid) or they will be brittle.
Walls should be an even multiple of extrusion width to be solid. Examples:
- Extrusion Width of 0.7mm x 4 = 2.8mm wall
- Extrusion Width of 0.7mm x 2 + External Perimeters 0.6mm x 2 = 2.6mm wall
- Perimeters 0.5mm x 4 = 2.0mm wall or 0.5mm x 6 = 3.0mm wall
Attach both halves together with 2x M3 nuts and 2x M3 socket cap screws, 25mm-30mm.
The case has a feature to help align the nuts. Insert them into their holes from the side until they jiggle freely (a small screwdriver can help them get into the cavity). Before closing the case, insert your bolt down into the nut and tighten it a few turns. Press down to trap the nut in the tighter recess below the slot (see the cutaway image above) until it snaps into place. Then back out the screw and it will remain aligned with the screw hole. Keeping the case tilted so that the probe side is up also helps to prevent them from wiggling out of alignment before you can get the screws in.