I was having constant problems with bowden popping out on the filament feeder end. Inspired by owen's superb hot end clamp here is the one for the other end. Just printed it and looks to be good fit. Hoping it will solve my issues :)
- Print all 3 parts - riser, cone and cap.
- If the bowden hasn't popped out and you still want to replace original clamp by this, simply press down on the original clamp and pull the bowden out.
- Disassemble mechanism feeder on you Ultimaker, by unscrewing the extruder wheel, then the 4 botls holding the stepper motor.
- Take the mechanism apart by unscrewing the 4 remaining bolts.
- Remove the original clamp, and replace it with the raiser printed.
- Put everything together,
- Place the cap then the cone on the bowden, push it till the end to the raiser and screw the cap on using moderate force - the thing is pretty tough when printed using PLA and 100% fill, but use your hand only (two fingers).
See the photos - should be self explanatory.
The cap and cone are identical to the one used in owen's Bowden Clamp for the hot end, so you should be able to reuse those part if you have them printed already. I've made the cap slightly smaller inner diameter to have a tighter fit for the thread - it works perfectly for me - if it does not for you please adjust the parameters at the top of the scad file accordingly.
PS. This is the first thing I'm putting on Thingiverse - let me know if you print it :)