See change log is at the bottom
Purpose of creating this new design of the Led Bridge Lamp is to solve several issues and add improvements suggested by so many lamp builders and contributors ...
- Constrained workplace? Print just half of the arc and rotate foot by 90º.
- Need wider arc? Add some middle segments!
- Want to make it taller? Scale middle piece of the foot.
- Now includes straight segment.
Thank you, 50 000 + viewers of the original Led Bridge Lamp!
Original Prusa i3 MK2 kit
About the model
- Previously, due to the fact that arc was oval, each lamp segment was unique. The new one is designed to be universal. Yes, that will make lamp arc round, not oval, which in my view makes it a bit less appealing, but I admit - much more functional.
- Due to common issue with material curling and stringing, I made it posisble to print the segment completelly flat. In this case it has to be assembled from several pieces. Yes, I have included one peace segment as well, for those, who don't give a damn. ;)
- Reduced fragility by enlarging struts from 2 mm to 4 mm. Now it is cat-proof ;)
- Instead of using glue to join segments together, I added locking tabs to make it possible to take segments apart, add new ones, bring the lamp to the show, recover from catzilla attack etc.
- New foot part has two interchangeable sections - middle one to easily make the foot taller by scaling and the top one to enable foot rotation to 90º if foot is used for help arc desk lamp (hello folks with small desks!).
- Added room for two LED strips, more light for the benches!
- Made a deep groove to hide LEDs from direct eye sight, reducing stress to the vision.
- In my version, the groove is white and glows when lit. So beautiful!
- Added room for embeded electronics module (proximity sensor and docking connectors for 1-Wire network).
The following segment sets are available
- LBLUC-segment one piece.stl - for those who do not want to bother with segment assembly and do not care about LED strip light guide to be cool white.
- LBLUC-segment set.stl - all parts played flat to assemble segment top and sides
- LBLUC-light guides.stl - two parts of light guides, to be printed in white or transcluent plastic.
- Zip file with all STL parts separate.
Dimensions (sizes in mm)
- dererk requested led strip chanel for one piece segment LBLUC_segment_curved_onepiece_lightguide.stl
- When hot, LED stripes melt glue and start falling down. I had to design this part to guide LED stripe inside it. Print it from clear PLA - LED_channels.stl
- TimKoster spotted missing lock tab (facepalm)
- TimKoster spotted wrong uploaded onpiece pars, I fixed them.
- Porky6666 and timograw requested straight segment.
LBLUC-straight-combined.stl (one piece vertical part)
LBLUC-straight-flat.stl (to assemble segment from flat printed parts)
LBLUC-straight-parts.zip (individual partsarchive)
- LBLUC_foot_mountingPiece_mama_v6.stl (corrected mating "mama" part)
- Closing part for half-bridge. You can glue two half-bridges together.
End cap for half-bridge.stl
- Or you can use two different for to arc mounting parts - "mama" and "papa"
- sobo84 spotted my silly error in one piece segment. Corrected and uploaded new design LBLUC_segment_onepiece_090916.stl
- added desk_clamp.stl and pictures of use. M8 nut. Use supports when printing.
- by request of Maddmurph I have cut foot base file in half so he can print it on his 200x200 bed. Check Base_in_half_a.stl and Base_in_half_b.stl files
- by request of Maddmurph (lucky one) i have redesigned light pipes to fit wider LED strips. Check out LightPipe-wider.stl