UPDATE (11 Sep 2016): Uploaded some new pictures. I took apart the printer to rebuild it with the new motor brackets, replaced the astrosyn dampers with cork gaskets (the printer is no louder than it was with the astrosyn dampers), integrate the MDF base (also has rubber feet underneath), and clean up the wiring. I also took another quick video:
UPDATE (27 Aug 2016): Uploaded the BOM. It is a suggested listing of parts/sources. It is ~98% complete. There are odds and ends you may need to get.
This is Version 2 of the BazBot. I myself am in the middle if replacing all of my old V1 parts with V2 parts. I will upload an updated BOM list and sources soon. Sorry this has taken so long.
Build volume is same as last:
350mm diameter plate
~400mm max build height (I haven't tested this. At home, effector is at 440mm)
Here is a clip of the V1 printing some V2 parts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2VkAJE5SZQ
Another video: https://youtu.be/zdjuW7R2pAE
I added some thermal IR pictures demonstrating how heatsinks on the NEMA motors work very well. The MDF lower build plate support does well as an insulator. The aluminum plate under the mirror does a good job of evenly distributing the heat from the Kapton heating element.
M3 screws are used to assemble the effector, attach the hall effect endstops, bolt the carriages to the linear rail carriages, attached NEMA motors, and bolt the linear rails to the aluminum extrusions. M5 screws are used to bolt aluminum extrusions to printed vertices, hold the plate holders in place, and attach extruder to the aluminum frame.
Future upgrades: 45* carbon fiber top supports that will GREATLY stiffen up the frame and prevent torsion.