Created a few custom pieces to mount my Arrow II Satellite antenna on a tripod.
You will need:
- HT mount x 1 piece (minimal HT mount).
- Antenna mounts x 3 pieces (enhanced arrow II mount).
- Hillman Part #11139 ( Steel Flat piece - 1-3/8" x 3FT) - I purchased mine at Lowe's.
- A few machine screws, nuts, and washers - M5x19mm or similar.
- 1/4" threaded tripod screw to attach the antenna to a tripod.
I designed everything using Tinkercad. In addition, these are some of the first ever 3D printed parts I have designed from scratch. So, they may not be perfect - but should do the job.
If you can improve upon my design, please do so. Enjoy!
Antenna Mount Assembly
Locking the antenna into the 3 mounts is a little tricky. One must insert a nut sitting on top of a washer (to prevent it from falling through the hole on the steel flat piece) on the top and then insert a screw from the bottom which feeds through the steel flat piece, while being held in place by the antenna mount.