now GEEETech proposes the Acrylic Prusa I3 pro series, B for single extruder and C for dual extruder, with metallic parts instead of original printer ones.
Quite immediately I’ve ordered the upgrade kit in order to improve the stability and the quality of my, already not-so-bad printer, unfortunately the customization I’ve designed for the plastic version of this printer cannot be used on the metal one, so I’ve started designing a completely new customization, starting with all lesson learned from my original customization!
One, main, lesson learned was to decouple all contact, in order to enable easy mounting, maintenance and upgrade!
Here the Mono Extruder FAN & LED component of my new customization in his second iteration version!
In this design you can find place to put ties in order keep in position all cables, as you can see in my photos!
I’ve added some option component:
1) For FAN Duct you can find closed & open version, I prefer closed one but I know that lot of people can love open version!
2) For ABL sensor you can find support for both rectangular IR sensor like my one and PiBot one
3) For Rectangular ABL sensor you can also fine the 4D design, in order to print flat!
As usual in all my design I’ve split all in order to have an easy print of each, and also an easy mounting after print!
From the V1 this V2 have also the duct to collect MK8 fun versus the cool zone, in order to better cool down the barrel, and that because with some filament that ask more degree in HE, this 38mm barrel seam have some problem to be correctly cool, and sometimes it clog…
PS: after the installation of this customization is a good Idea to re-execute the PID Autotest… I’ve do two time, one with fan power off and one with fan power on, and both was really different from the same test executed just couple hours before!